Friday, August 9, 2013

Spinach, Feta, Tomato + Pine Nut Pizza

Fig and Rose Spinach Feta Tomato Pine Nut Pizza

Individual pizzas are my newest obsession.  Easiest, fastest and tastiest things ever.  And you can throw whatever on top. And it looks fancy.

Ingredients:

4 pre-made Naan (2 packages)
1/2 cup Pine Nuts
2 oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 cup Baby Spinach
2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
3 Tomatoes, sliced
Olive Oil
Salt + Pepper, to taste


I threw in the tomatoes because I love tomatoes. And I had three that were about to pass their prime, just sitting in the fridge (yes, they'd already gotten to the refrigerate-or-chuck stage).  But I think that it made the pizzas more flavorful too.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place naan on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top.

2. Crumble feta and put on naan.


I just did it with my hands - feta crumbles incredibly easily.  And I used about half of what I set out.


3. Place handful of spinach on each.  Slice tomatoes and add, then sprinkle with pine nuts.  Last, chop basil and add on top.


I actually just ripped the basil with my hands - easy to do.

4. Heat in oven for 10 minutes, or until naan is crispy and golden around the edges.


The feta doesn't melt, so don't wait for that.

Quick. Easy. Tasty.

--------------------------------------------
Original Recipe:

Gimme Some Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment