Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spanikopita Dip

Fig and Rose Spanikopita Dip

I was having a dinner party, so I wanted a dip for pre-supper munching.  This one is outstanding, and does really taste like Spanikopita.  I'll take anything with spinach and feta.

Ingredients:

1 Garlic Clove, chopped
1/4 Red Onion
2 Cups Greek Yogurt
1 Package Frozen Spinach
1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill (or 1 tsp dried)
1/2 Tsp. Salt
? Feta Cheese (1/3 of a package - I used Mediterranean Spiced)


 The original recipe called for sun-dried tomato and onion powder, both of which I eliminated because I didn't have them.  I also would now use only greek yogurt, but the original called for mayo as well.

1. Thaw spinach.  Place in a strainer and press out all the water you can.  Then put spinach into dish towel and press out the rest.  (The towel will turn green, so use an old one!)




2. Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.  Refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors combine.





Super easy. And a huge hit!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Recipe:

Sumptuous Spoonfuls

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness you put this recipe out in the universe. It was SO good!

    ReplyDelete