Sunday, July 28, 2013

Turkey, Spinach + Mushroom Tacos

Fig and Rose Ground Chicken Turkey Tacos

Ok.  This may be the least original recipe I have on this blog.  Except that I tried to make my own taco seasoning for the ground chicken, instead of using one of those packets that are usually my go-to So I wanted to throw it up here, so that I remember which recipe I used.

I put the Sauteed Spinach + Mushrooms in these tacos, which is just the best.

Ingredients:

1 package (1 lb) Ground Chicken or Turkey
2 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Chile Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Water
Canola Oil
1 can Black Beans
1 Tomato, diced
Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms
Soft Flour Tortillas
Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salsa


I didn't have onion powder.  Oh well. I also didn't put the spices out that I needed for the chicken - so here they are:


1. Place black beans into a pan and cook on high until most of liquid is evaporated.  Stir occasionally.


2. Add ground chicken to pan and cook until thoroughly browned.  Stir constantly to break it up into small pieces. If there is a lot of liquid in the pan, CAREFULLY drain into trash can.


(Consider yourselves warned - this is difficult).

3. Add 1/2 cup water and all spices to the chicken and mix well.  Cook until water is absorbed.




4. Dice tomatoes and grate cheddar cheese. Cover tortillas in tinfoil and place in pre-heated oven or in toaster for 2 minutes.


If you don't have tinfoil, as I realized too late, you can still do it - the top one just gets a little crispy.

5. Put everything in a tortilla.  Add copious amounts of cheddar cheese and salsa, and the sauteed spinach and mushrooms.



So simple. So messy. So good.

You can also do these with just the veggies in the taco, and it's still delicious.  I'd add corn then, though.

-------------------------------------------------------

Original Seasoning Recipe:

About.com Mexican Food

No comments:

Post a Comment