Sunday, March 2, 2014

Szechuan Peppers with Ground Pork


The original recipe of this called for green beans, but I didn't have those on hand - so I used peppers instead.  Stir fry is just the best way to use up veggies - and no matter how hard I try, I always seem to not be able to use all the vegetables that I bought.  Inevitably, I get lazy and don't make one of the recipes I've planned for because it seems like too much effort, and the poor veggies take the hit.  So a quick stir fry is the easiest way to cook up everything leftover in the fridge and have it actually taste delicious.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground pork
1 tsp cornstarch
Salt + pepper, to taste
1 tsp peanut oil
3 bell peppers, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
4 tbsp soy sauce


1. Combine pork, cornstarch, salt + pepper in a bowl.  Chop peppers + mince garlic.


2. Heat peanut oil and cook pork, garlic and peppers, stirring constantly to break pork up.  Cook until pork is no longer pink.


3. Combine hoisin sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes and soy sauce in a small bowl.


I doubled (tripled?) the sauce, because who doesn't like more sauce?

4.  Pour sauce over pork in pan.  Cook for 2 minutes, or until heated though.


5.  Take off heat and serve!



-------------------------------------------
Original Recipe:

Cooking Light

No comments:

Post a Comment